Thursday 16 June 2011

Coconut Sorbet




Coconut Sorbet

I love coconut, absolutely adore it. This slight obsession I've developed springs from my Uni days when my roommate and I would get in the car and drive all the way to a secluded farmer's stall amongst the vineyards for some crystallised coconut pieces. Light and refreshing, this is possibly the easiest and cheapest dessert in existence, and it's absolutely delicious. You don't even need an ice cream maker.

1 cup water
1 cup caster sugar
400ml Coconut milk

Combine the sugar and water in a small sauce pan, over a low to medium heat. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved.

Add the coconut milk and transfer to a plastic container and place in the freezer.

Stir the sorbet once during the first and second hours in the freezer to ensure an even texture.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment